• The EU has offered to start negotiations on a cease-fire in Ukraine

  • The EU has offered to start negotiations on a cease-fire in Ukraine. This statement was made in Minsk, the EU high representative for foreign Affairs and security policy Catherine Ashton.

    "I offered to start negotiations on a cease-fire in Ukraine, establishing full control of the border and the delivery of humanitarian aid in full accordance with international norms," leads ITAR-TASS her statement.

    According to her, the negotiations on Ukraine in Minsk were "open and positive. "They were with a sense of responsibility of all parties to make every effort to resolve the crisis," said Ashton.

    In Minsk, the head of European diplomacy was the head of the EU delegation, arriving at the negotiations on Ukraine instead of European Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso. He refused the invitation because "had to make a long-planned trip to Vietnam".

    Previously ended, lasted about two hours the first bilateral meeting between the President of Russia Vladimir Putin and President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko. It was preceded by consultations in the format of the Customs Union - Ukraine - European Union, which were devoted to the interaction of CU with Kiev in the signing by Ukraine of an Association agreement with the EU.

    After talks with Putin, Hillary Clinton began the meeting with Ashton. "The President held final talks with Catherine Ashton, - posted by in his microblog on Twitter press Secretary Poroshenko Svyatoslav Tsigalko.

    As previously stated the President of Belarus, Alexander Lukashenko, the summit participants agreed that Minsk will be a negotiating forum for the contact group in Ukraine.

    The military operation in the East of Ukraine was launched in mid-April as a response to the Pro-Russian rallies in the region, grew into riots and confrontations with security forces, accompanied by seizure of administrative buildings. After the introduction in the Donetsk region of the anti-terrorist operation mode (terrorists Kiev calls militias), which later spread to Lugansk, invaders administrations declared Donetsk and Lugansk national Republic. on may 11 LNR and DND held an informal referendum on self-determination, the results of which were not recognized either Kiev or the international community.

    Earlier, on 20 June, already was a temporary truce period per week, on June 27, it was decided to extend for another three days. But actually it was not observed. On the night of 1 July Poroshenko announced the official continuation of the military operation.

    http://lenta.ru

More news in the same category:

    • Img
    • 3:22 pm on Sunday 23rd April 2017  /  Бывший СССР
      In Kiev, commented on the lolita ban to enter Ukraine

      Verkhovna Rada Deputy Anton Gerashchenko said the ban on the singer lolita Milavskaya to enter Ukraine "a great work of guards and security" of the country. The law, he said, should be one for all. The decision of the Ukrainian authorities was associated with visiting artist Kerch in 2015.

    • Img
    • 3:02 pm on Sunday 23rd April 2017  /  Бывший СССР
      The victim in the Donbass OSCE employee was a US citizen

      The bombing of the car of the special monitoring of the OSCE mission in Luhansk region killed a US citizen. About it "Interfax" was informed by a source in law enforcement bodies of the self-proclaimed LNR. A few people — according to the Agency, it is the citizens of Germany, were injured.

    • Img
    • 2:54 pm on Sunday 23rd April 2017  /  Бывший СССР
      OSCE Chairman responded to the death of the watcher in the Donbass

      The Chairman of the Organization for security and cooperation in Europe, foreign Minister of Austria Sebastian Kurz commented on the undermining of the car in the Donbass, which killed one of the observers of the OSCE, and the other was injured. "We need to conduct a thorough investigation

More Global News:

    • Img
    • 4:33 pm on Sunday 23rd April 2017  /  Спорт
      Media reported about the intention of the Kovalchuk return to the NHL

      Forward of St. Petersburg SKA Ilya Kovalchuk intends to return to the National hockey League. According to Sportsnet, the probability that 34-year-old hockey player go into the "new Jersey devils". This information was denied by a member of the Board of Directors SKA Alexander Medvedev.

    • Img
    • 4:05 pm on Sunday 23rd April 2017  /  Мир
      "Syrian democratic forces," declared the environment of the "capital" of ISIS

      "Syrian democratic forces", consisting of detachments of ethnic Kurds and Arabs, has announced the surrounded Syrian city of raqqa — the unofficial capital of the terrorist group "Islamic state". SDF has taken control of all strategic roads leading to the town.

    • Img
    • 3:46 pm on Sunday 23rd April 2017  /  Россия
      In the subway of St. Petersburg detained transporting human organs student

      At the metro station Gorkovskaya Saint Petersburg metro police arrested a young man carrying internal organs. The detainee was a student of the First St. Petersburg medical University. Biomaterials in containers transported by agreement with the doctor from the lab to the clinic.

comments powered by Disqus