• Mars found the disappearing satellites

  • American geophysicists have shown that the Martian moons are most likely formed from ring systems, which some time later destroyed and turned into the moon. Scientists have counted several of these transformations in the history of Mars. A study published in the journal Nature Geoscience.

    It is known that Phobos, one of the two satellites of Mars, after about 70 million years so close closer to the planet that will be destroyed by tidal forces. Scientists carried out computer simulations showed that approximately 80 percent of the matter of Phobos falls on Mars, and of the remaining 20 percent around the planet formed a ring. Over time from it to form new satellites. According to scientists, these processes have occurred repeatedly throughout the history of Mars.

    Scientists conducted simulations allowed us to explain the origin of Phobos and Deimos, the second Mars satellite. It is likely that the moon was formed when a ring system around Mars appeared in the third-seventh times in the last 4.3 billion years.

    The authors note that, probably, a number of anomalous deposits on the surface of Mars can be explained by the falling of matter from the ring systems on the planet.

    http://lenta.ru

More news in the same category:

    • Img
    • 5:32 pm on Thursday 27th April 2017  /  Наука и техника
      Created print buildings crawler 3D printer

      Researchers from the Massachusetts Institute of technology (MIT) have created a robot on tracks, able to build projects of any size, including walls of buildings. Used in the project technology resembles 3D printing, but in this case, the nozzle is "printer" is the mechanical "arm" of the machine.

    • Img
    • 4:52 pm on Thursday 27th April 2017  /  Наука и техника
      Cassini took images of the rings of Saturn with a record close

      Automatic interplanetary station Cassini took images of the Saturn system with a record close distance (three thousand kilometers). Following immersion of the apparatus into a system of rings of a gas giant is scheduled for may 2, the completion of the mission —
      on 15 Sep. This was reported on the NASA website.

    • Img
    • 4:12 pm on Thursday 27th April 2017  /  Наука и техника
      The network found out about the sequel to "GTA Pro student"

      Studio Rockstar Games is working on the second part of simulator of a schoolboy Bully. This was written by forum user GTA Forums under the name Yan2295, who has previously published leaks about the company's projects. According to the insider, Bully 2 already in development and will become the next game Studio after Red Dead Redemption 2.

More Global News:

    • Img
    • 5:33 pm on Thursday 27th April 2017  /  Силовые структуры
      The source reported a possible fault of a foreign vessel in the accident of "Estuary"

      Intelligence ship black sea fleet "Liman" has observed all the rules of navigation, so the wine in his accident may lie in a foreign ship. This was announced at the headquarters of the black sea fleet, reports "Interfax" citing a source. However, the likelihood of a successful operation by the rise of "Estuary" is very large.

    • Img
    • 5:32 pm on Thursday 27th April 2017  /  Культура
      Vadim Samoilov obliged to return to the brother a debt of 4.3 million rubles

      Savelovsky court of Moscow ordered the former participant of group "Agatha Christie" Vadim Samoilov to pay the debt his brother, musician Gleb. This was announced by the plaintiff's attorney Alisa Obraztsova. Samoilov has to pay the brother of 4.3 million rubles, and also to pay court costs in the amount of 30 thousand rubles.

    • Img
    • 5:24 pm on Thursday 27th April 2017  /  Бизнес
      RUSNANO and Finnish Fortum have agreed on the construction of wind farms in Russia

      State Corporation RUSNANO and Finnish company Fortum has reached an agreement to create a Fund for the development of wind energy. It provides for attracting investments in the construction of wind farms and the localization of production of wind turbines, as well as venture projects in the field of renewable energy.

comments powered by Disqus